382 Students in K-8
42 Students in preschool
GUIDELINES FOR ADMISSION:
1. Students must desire to participate fully in the religious programs of the school.
2. Students must be 3 years of age by October 1 of the current year to enroll in the 3 year old preschool program.
3. Children must be 4 years of age by October 1 of the current year to enroll in the 4 year old preschool program.
4. Children must be 5 years of age by August 1 of the current year to enroll in kindergarten.
5. Children must be 6 years of age by August 1 of the current year and have completed kindergarten to enroll in the first grade.
ITEMS NEEDED FOR REGISTRATION:
1. Birth Certificate
2. Baptismal Certificate
3. Social Security Number
4. Current Immunization Records
5. Physical and vision exam
6. Records from previous school
FACULTY AND STAFF:
St. Joseph School is accredited by AdvancED/SACS (Southern Association of Colleges and Schools)
Certified teachers with Master’s Degrees
Average teaching experience is 18 years
Student/teacher ratio is 21 to 1
Classroom assistants in Preschool, Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grades
Counselor, Learning Consultant, Reading Specialist, and Resource Teacher on staff to meet the needs of students
Title 1 Reading and Speech services available
CLASS SIZE: Grades K-8: Average class size 23, but no more than 30 per classroom
Preschool: Full-day and half-day programs are available for 3 and 4 year olds
Kindergarten: All day curriculum
St. Joseph School offers a comprehensive education
Standardized test results rank high in the Archdiocese
Standardized test results above national average
Core Curriculum: Math, Language Arts, Science, Social Studies
Spanish for grades K-8
Fine Arts – Music, Art, Cultural Experiences
Computer Education, Physical Education, Library
Drug and Alcohol Education
Peace Builders Program
House System for Middle School students
Regularly scheduled field trips for all K-8 students
Annual trip to Washington D.C. for 8th graders and their parents